Tuesday, December 27, 2011

HOW I STARTED MY PRIVATE INVESTIGATIVE CAREER

I initially obtained my PI license while still an active LAPD police officer more as a lark the anything else.  I never thought about using it, especially while I was still on the job.  It was more along the lines of an interesting topic of conversation.  One day while I was a detective I was sitting at the prosecution table as the investigating officer on a case.  During the pause in the preceding, I happened to pull out my newly arrived PI license.  The Assistant District Attorney who was prosecuting the case was one whom I had assisted in a number of cases throughout my career and knew my abilities.  When she asked me about it, I told her I had just gotten my license.  She then asked me if I was going to use it.  I told her I really hadn’t thought much about actively using it while I was still on the job.  She then went on to tell me that her husband was the senior partner in a Los Angeles civil law firm that had trouble finding any good private investigators.  She told me she was going to have him contact me.  Sure enough, a few days later, he called me and asked if I would be interested in working with him on a large civil case.  From that point on I received a steady flow of civil cases and referrals to other attorneys.  Divine intervention, fate, luck, whatever you want to call it, my life was changed in a fateful moment.